Helping You Honor and Glorify God in All You Think, Do, Say, and Feel

Saturday, August 14, 2010

From a Faithful Friend & Growing Member of BRBC...

Posted: April 28, 2009


I received a call from a friend the other day that wanted to share what God was doing in their life. Their story was so encouraging and touching to me that I asked them to write it down so we could share it on the Blog and encourage other.
Her story, in her own words, is below. Please take time to read it today. I pray God challenges and blesses you through it as He did me.
PT
It was just another Friday. I went to work. It rained. Boy did we need the rain. I picked the kids up from school. My daughter got into the truck full of excitement. She told me that she had been named salutatorian for her 8th grade class. We were so excited and started calling those close to us to share in our excitement. When we pulled into the driveway of our house and saw our front door open my stomach sank. I knew. We had been here 4 years ago. Our house was robbed, AGAIN!! My reaction this time though was totally different. I have been on a serious journey with God for the last 7 years or so. At first I questioned and wondered was this discipline? I know God disciplines those He loves. Was He refining me further? I know I am a work in progress. As I mulled it over for a couple of days I had a different thought. What if God allowed this to happen to encourage me? What if God allowed this to happen so I could see how far I had come on my journey with Him? I do trust Him more. I do love Him more. I know He has my best interests at heart and so I trust the paths He leads me down. As I completed the last of my Bible study homework, God spoke to me through His Word. One of my verses was Psalm 35:10. My whole being will exclaim, "Who is like you, O Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them."  From those who rob them. Okay, He had my attention. The notes in my study Bible said this: Here, as often in the Psalms, "poor" characterizes not necessarily one who has no possessions, but one who is (and recognizes that he is) without resources to effect his own deliverance (or secure his own life, safety or well-being)-and so is dependent on God. In this instant, God spoke to my heart that He was in the process of rescuing me from fear and distrust and unbelief. He was the only one who could deliver me. Through this trial He helped me see where I've been and show me a glimpse of where I'm headed. I have grown in my walk with the Lord and I'm not turning back now. I am depending on Him and trusting Him now more than ever. Praise God!!

Dana N.

No comments:

Post a Comment